My Fashion Obsession: Tweed

Good Afternoon fashion lovers, I hope that you all are doing well and staying safe out there. During this crazy time in the world that we live in, I hope that any of my blog posts will bring a distraction to what's going on.

In fashion, there are some things that will stand the test of time, The Little Black Dress, The Trench Coat, The Classic Flat, and many more. But for me, the one thing in Fashion that will stand the test of time is Tweed. Tweed is such an icon in the fashion world thanks to Coco Chanel and recently it has been everywhere at the moment. I think we all want a classic Chanel jacket or suit in out closets because of the total amount of class that it will add to anything that may in our closets.

If some of you don't know what on earth am I talking about, here's a little info about Tweed that you need to know. Tweed is a rough, woolen fabric, of a soft, open, flexible texture, resembling cheviot or homespun, but more closely woven. It is usually woven with a plain weave, twill or herringbone structure. Colour effects in the yarn may be obtained by mixing dyed wool before it is spun. Tweeds are an icon of traditional Scottish and Irish clothing, being desirable for informal outerwear, due to the material being moisture-resistant and durable. Tweeds are made to withstand harsh climates and are commonly worn for outdoor activities such as shooting and hunting, in both Ireland and Scotland. In Ireland, tweed manufacturing is now most associated with County Donegal but originally covered the whole country. In Scotland, tweed manufacturing is most associated with the Isle of Harris in the Hebrides.


Pretty Little Thing has this amazing Tweed dress that is great for next winter, I would style this dress with some tights and some great ankle boots. This dress is on sale for $27.00. from $78.00.



This Tweed Jacket from Rebecca Taylor on the Revolve website is perfect for a lunch date. Unfortunately, this jacket is SOLD OUT. 





Cardi B is serving all of the looks at the Chanel Spring/Summer Haute Couture Collection. 







Tweed is a total icon and I  know it will never go out of style. Thank you all so much for reading this blog post, I love all so much and until next time, Stay Beautiful.



For Business Opportunities Or PR My Email: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com


If You Want To Send Me Some  Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter:

Breanne Peterson
1609 Summerhouse St
Elizabethtown NC 28337

My Instagram:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat