My Fashion Obsession: Salvatore Ferragamo Spring/Summer 2020 Ready-To-Wear Collection

Happy Sunday fashion lovers. I can't believe that we are starting a new week again which is great for y'all because there are new blog posts for you to read. I hope that you are having a great weekend and staying as safe as possible.

Salvatore Ferragamo was a designer that I just wasn't interested in at all, I thought that I was a little too stuffy and old for me. But one day, I was reading a fashion magazine and I saw these beautifully crafted shoes and I noticed that it was from Salvatore Ferragamo. The attention to detail in every piece in his collections made me want to get to know more about the man and his love for shoes (A man after my own heart.)

Born on June 5, 1898, in Bonito Italy to a poor family as eleventh of fourteen children, he made his first pair of shoes, a pair of high heels he realized that he had found his calling. After he studied shoemaking in Naples for a year, Ferragamo opened up a small store based in his parent's home. In 1914, soon after, he emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, where one of his brothers worked in a cowboy boot factory. After a brief stint at the factory, Ferragamo convinced his brothers to move to California, first Santa Barbara then Hollywood. It was there that Ferragamo found success, initially opening a shop for repair and made-to-measure shoes, leading to a long period of designing footwear for the cinema. However, he could not fathom why his shoes pleased the eye yet hurt the foot, so he proceeded to study anatomy at the University of Southern California.

After spending thirteen years in the US, Ferragamo returned to Italy in 1927, settling in Florence. He began to fashion shoes for women, from the Maharani of Cooch Behar to Eva Peron to Marilyn Monroe. He opened a workshop in the Via Mannelli, concentrating his efforts in experimenting with design, applying for patents for ornamental and utility models and some related inventions. Although he filed for bankruptcy in 1933 due to bad management and economic pressures, Ferragamo nonetheless expanded his operation during the 1950s to a workforce of around 700 expert artisans that produced 350 pairs of handmade shoes a day.

Salvatore Ferragamo died on August 7, 1960, at the age of 62, but his name lives on as an international company, which has expanded its operations to include luxury shoes, bags, eyewear, silk accessories, watches, perfumes, and a ready-to-wear clothing line. At his death, his wife Wanda and later their six children ran the company.
His most famous invention is arguably the "Cage Heel" Fiamma (Salvatore's eldest daughter who died in 1998) came up with the "Vara pumps" in 1978

The Salvatore Ferragamo Spring/Summer 2020 Ready-To-Wear Collection was a thing of pure fashion dreams. The tailoring, the dresses, the designs, and of course the handbags were just beautiful, even some of the Menswear was amazing as well. I think as a fashion lover myself, I have slept on Salvatore Ferragamo for many years and now, I regret it. As I get older, I look for a quality piece that I can pass down to my future daughter one day. I am beyond over fast fashion. 

I'll take everything in this picture PLEASE.


Aren't these handbags absolutely gorgeous? I need all of them in my closet.


Dear Future Husband, prepare to wear pastel suits. This suit is giving me very Miami Vice Vibes.


I'm a girl, but I would totally wear this men's sweater and carry this suitcase.





This piece from their Spring/Summer 2020 Ready-To-Wear Collection is just perfect to wear with a pair of white sneakers to keep the look clean and simple and I would wear this to an outing with friends or a date with someone and just switch out the sneakers for white high heels.



Ultimate Cool Girl Vibes.




Sometimes, Fashion can be a world where you can get so caught up with so many designers that you love so much. But when you give a designer a fair chance, they will become your favorite. I hope that you all enjoyed this blog post for this Sunday. I love you all so much and until next time, Stay Beautiful.


For Business Opportunities Or PR My Email: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com


If You Want To Send Me Some  Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter:

Breanne Peterson
1609 Summerhouse St
Elizabethtown NC 28337

My Instagram:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat