Black Fashion Brands That You Need To Know About: Mateo New York

 I hope that all of you are having a great Tuesday and are staying safe out in the world that we live in at the moment, We're going to get through this together, I know we will.

I'm glad that you all are loving all of the African American fashion designer's blog posts that I'm telling you all about. It seems that every day there's a new designer that I've heard of before, by doing these blog posts for y'all every week, I feel that I am a better fashion blogger by doing my research and presenting my findings just like I'm about to do today. 

While I was reading the September issue of  Instyle Magazine and Zendaya wore a pair of Mateo New York earrings and I wanted to learn more about this African American fashion brand. Matthew Harris of Mateo New York  He was born and raised in Montego Bay, Jamaica, the son of a seamstress.  he arrived in the U.S. at the age of 16 to attend Southern New Hampshire University to complete a B.S in Hospitality Management. After completing his studies, he later discovered my true passion in New York City the art of Jewelry making. Being a self-taught designer, I spent much of my time in the jewelry district learning and perfecting the craft. 

After honing his craft, Mateo New York was launched in March of 2009. The brand began solely focused on men’s jewelry, with the first collection pulling inspiration from the concept of a working man’s toolbox. After the success of the men’s collection, a women’s capsule collection was introduced shortly after.

Today the brand is sold in some of the best retailers worldwide including Bergdorf Goodman, Colette, Harvey Nichols, Sak's Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, Moda Operandi, & Luisa Via Roma,. The brand also features regularly in renowned fashion publications such as Vogue Paris, W Magazine, The New York Times Style Magazine, Marie Claire, Allure, WWD, and InStyle.

To add to all of the honors that Mateo has, they opened their first flagship store in the heart of SoHo, New York City in December of 2016. We were also a 2017 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Finalist. 

I've loved the class and elegance of pearls and these earrings are no exception, These would be the perfect addition to your jewelry box. 


14kt Gold Baroque Pearl Drops


https://mateonewyork.com/collections/earrings/products/14kt-gold-baroque-pearl-drops


Mateo's handbags are absolutely stunning and the Elizabeth is on my Fashion wishlist, The pebbled leather give a luxe feel to the bag and I see this as anybody's every bag. This was on the Saks Fifth Avenue website, but it's sold out.  


https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/mateo-new-york-the-elizabeth-leather-satchel/product/0400098441242

https://mateonewyork.com/collections/bags/products/cognac-elizabeth-bag

Mateo, I'm so proud of how your company has come and I wish you nothing but the best for years to come. I hope that you all have enjoyed this blog post about Mateo New York, I love you all so much, and until next time, Stay Beautiful.

For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com


If You Want To Send Me Some  Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter.



Breanne Peterson

1609 Summerhouse St

Elizabethtown NC 28337



My Instagram:

Instagram.com/breanne_idell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat