African American Fashion Designer That You Need To Know About: Victor Glemaud

 Hello again fashion lovers, I hope that you all are having a great Tuesday and wearing your masks and staying safe as much as possible. In this time of uncertainty, I hope that you all will stay positive and being kind to each other. 

I've read the September issue of Instyle Magazine (I read it three times, no joke.) and I was reading an article about the designer Haitian Fashion Designer Victor Glemaud, so I wanted to know more about this designer.  Victor Glemaud launched his eponymous leisurewear collection of statement knitwear, designed for all people, genders, races, sizes, and personalities, marrying comfort and style in 2006. 

He was also a finalist in the 2017 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund and honored for his achievements by the Ambassador of Haiti to the United States. Raised in Queens, New York, Victor began his career as a design assistant to Patrick Robinson while studying at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. After working as a publicist at KCD for Versace and Marc Jacobs, he returned to design in 2005, first as Womenswear Design Advisor and later as Studio Director at Paco Rabanne, followed by Style Director at Tommy Hilfiger, and over the years has consulted with several brands, including H&M for the Met Gala.

His collections have been worn by celebrities and influencers including Ashley Graham, Dominique Jackson, Florence Pugh, Hailey Baldwin, Issa Rae, Laura Harrier, Margot Robbie, Michelle Williams, Iman, and Selena Gomez, and has garnered press in many outlets from The New York Times to Vogue Italia.

I saw this dress from his Fall/Winter 2020 Ready-To-Wear Collection and I fell in love with it. I love the color, I love how the cutouts give this dress a little sexiness to the dress, but the thing that I love is that they paired sneakers with this dress. 

Victor Glemaud Fall 2020 | The 9 Big Trends We'll All Be Talking ...


Another dress from his Fall/Winter 2020 Ready-To-Wear that I love was this one. I love how the three colors go well together. This is the same dress that Zendaya wore in the September issue of Instyle Magazine. 


Victor Glemaud at New York Fashion Week Fall 2020 - Livingly


As many of you know, I absolutely LOVE sweaters and the color Yellow and when I saw both of these pieces from his Resort 2020 Collection, I Gagged. These two pieces remind me so much of something that Mary Tyler Moore would wear on her show. I love how the white piping cinched in her waist.


Victor Glemaud Resort 2020


How gorgeous does Ashley Graham in a Victor Glemaud dress? It was classy and sexy at the same time.



The designer himself, Victor Glemaud. 



You guys need to check out Victor Glemaud for yourselves and any other African American designer. I hope that all of you have enjoyed this blog post, I love you all so much and until next time, Stay Beautiful.

For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com

If You Want To Send Me Some  Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter:


Breanne Peterson

1609 Summerhouse St

Elizabethtown NC 28337


My Instagram:

Instagram.com/breanne_idell



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat