Hello, This Is My Friend, Laquan Smith.

Hello again fashion lovers, I hope that you are having a relaxing Sunday and staying safe out in our world right now. It's truly an honor to be on here with like-minded people talking about the thing that makes me happy the most, Fashion.

There are so many dope African American fashion designers in the industry such as Tracy Reese, Cushnie, Fe Noel, Brother Vellies, LemLem, Stella Jean, and newer designers such as Heron Preston, Pyer Moss, and Christopher John Rodgers just to name a few. But what I found out about African American being represented in the fashion world really saddened and shocked me, Black designers only make 1% of. the fashion industry. Being a black fashion blogger and who trying to make this into my full-time job, I feel that we need more Black designers showing their collections at NYFW instead of hearing about them from word-of-mouth. 

I feel that Laquan Smith is a designer that people constantly sleep on. Now his designs are for the shy girls, his designs are for the fearless uber-confident sexy girls. He developed a passion for fashion and design at a young age. He further developed his passion at the age of 13 when his grandmother passed on her old Singer sewing machine for him to use. From there, he began regularly designing and creating garments. In 2005, Smith applied to the Fashion Institute of Technology and Parsons School of Design but was not accepted. (Bad on their part, big mistake.)  he soon began interning at the New York magazine BlackBook in the year of 2007, working for celebrity fashion stylist Elizabeth Sulcer, He was so dedicated to his career, he would attend events by pretending to be a BlackBook editor. In the year of 2008, he created his self-titled designer brand. I've seen many celebrities wear his designs such as Kim Kardashian, Nicki Minaj, EJ Johnson, Dorothy Wang (Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills), and many more. 

This dress is from the Spring/Summer 2019 Ready-To-Wear Collection. 


Looking at this piece from his Fall/Winter 2019 Ready-To-Wear Collection got me in my Fall feels.



Even Laquan Smith knows that animal print is seasonless for his Spring/Summer 2020 Ready-To-Wear Collection. 


I believe that this dress has mugshots of celebrities from his Spring/Summer 2019 Ready-To-Wear Collection.



Well, I hope that you learned about Black Fashion Designers and Laquan Smith and I hope that you all have enjoyed this blog post and I thank you so much for reading this. I love you all so much and until next time, Stay Beautiful.

For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com


If You Want To Send Me Some  Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter:

Breanne Peterson

1609 Summerhouse St

Elizabethtown NC 28337

My Instagram:



  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat