Black Woman Owned Handbag Company: Femi Handbag.

 We made it to Friday and the weekend my lovelies, I hope that all of you are doing well and staying as safe as possible. 

I know what many of you're thinking, It's Friday why are you on here. Well, I saw a new handbag company that I'm obsessed with right now. When it comes to the Spring, colors reign supreme and I get so excited seeing the pastels and bold colors that we all love to wear during the season. A pop of color can really set off a white outfit. 

I was on the internet in the middle of the night and I saw this handbag that I love so I decided to go on their website and I LOVED all of the handbags that I saw on their website. The FemiHandbags brand aims to capture a spirit of individuality that does not attempt to adhere to seasonal trends. Perceived as works of art, the handbags are made from the finest leathers and inspired by simple, classic shapes and vintage-styled silhouettes. Artisanal, handcrafted touches such as whipstitched sides, hand-stitched, rolled handles, and hand-sewn straps have become synonymous with the FemiHandbags aesthetic. The pieces feature vibrant color palettes, the use of hardware as decoration, and a ubiquitous infusion of the beautiful hand-loomed fabric, aso-oke, woven by artisans in South-Western Nigeria, an unmistakable signature of the brand. The quality of the craftsmanship, the designer’s acute attention to the minutest details, and the skillful merging of traditional crafting techniques alongside new technology have come to define the essence of this fast-growing African brand. Femi Olayebi is a self-taught, award-winning handbag designer, trainer, mentor, and the creative brain behind the eponymous FemiHandbags brand. 

A translator turned handbag designer and manufacturer, she became an entrepreneur ‘by accident’ when in 1992, she tried her hands at making a baby bag for her first baby. Slowly, but steadily she navigated the design and manufacturing territory, experimenting with the resources at her disposal, and gaining a reputation over the years for her attention to detail and her daring use of color. Femi has consistently pushed the boundaries, showcasing her first leather collection at Pure London in 2010 and renaming the brand after herself. gone on to participate in several more. Her business became a case study for MBA students at the Lagos Business School in 2013 and in 2017, she championed the Lagos Leather Fair, which provided a much-needed platform for Nigerian leather designers and other major players along the leather value chain.

Her signature, color-drenched pieces, and her beautifully curated, niche leather show have won her fans all over Nigeria, an invitation to the London Fashion Week (February 2018 edition), and earned her a spot on CNN Marketplace Africa. That same year, she opened her first flagship store in Lagos, Nigeria. She also won herself a spot at the Autumn/Winter 2019 edition of Coterie, a fashion and accessories trade show in New York.

Leveraging her amazing story and experience to encourage, impact and inspire, she aggressively advocates with pride the Made-in-Nigeria label. Femi directly manages her growing workshop in South Western Nigeria and greatly influences the production of every piece. Her work has indeed proven that with excellent craftsmanship and the appropriate infrastructure in place, African products have the potential to favorably compete with global brands in the international marketplace.

This bag is a limited edition bag but I hope that they make this permanent, The La Petite Ameena III is calling for a night out (If we are allowed to go anywhere) I love all of the colors, the fringe adds a little fun to this bag. This bag retails for $480.00.  






Please go and support this Black Woman-owned brand, I hope that all of you have enjoyed this Friday blog post, I love you all so much, and until next time, Stay Beautiful. 


For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com

If You Want To Send Me Some  Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter, My  Address Is.


Breanne Peterson

1609 Summerhouse St

Elizabethtown NC 28337


My Instagram:


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat