Black Fashion Designer That You Need To Know About: Sindiso Khumalo

 Happy Tuesday Fashion Lovers. Yes, Today is my 31st Birthday but I love Fashion way too much to have a day off. I hope that all of you are having a great morning and staying safe in the world as we know right now. 

One day, I was reading the February 2021 issue of Instyle Magazine and I saw that they had a feature of a new fashion designer to watch out for that I never heard of before. So me being the fashion nerd that I am, I went to find more about this designer. Sindiso Khumalo is a sustainable textile designer based in Cape Town. Central St Martins graduate, Khumalo, studied architecture at the University of Cape Town prior to moving to London, where she went onto study a Masters in Design for Textile Futures. Sindiso Khumalo founded her eponymous label with a focus on creating modern sustainable textiles with a strong emphasis on African storytelling. She designs the textiles in her collections by hand through watercolors and collage. Over the years she has developed a uniquely colorful visual voice, which draws upon her Zulu and Ndebele heritage, and also speaks to the land of Kwazulu Natal, where she is from. Sustainability, craft, and empowerment lie at the heart of the label. She works very closely with NGOs in developing handmade textiles for her collections. 

In October 2015, she won Vogue Italia "Who's On Next Dubai" competition. Fashion and empowerment are what Sindiso feels very passionate about. She has spoken at the United Nations on sustainability in fashion and is currently working closely with the International Trade Centre Ethical Fashion Initiative. She has presented her work at Milan Fashion Week (on schedule) with the support of Camera Nazionale Della Moda. Her work has been exhibited at Royal Festival Hall in London, The Smithsonian Museum of African Art in Washington, Louisiana Museum in Denmark, and the Zeitz Mocaa Museum, Cape Town. Her work has been published in Vogue Italia, Vogue UK, Elle Magazine and Marie Claire Magazine, and "Africa: Architecture, Culture, and Identity. She has collaborated with IKEA, Woolworths South Africa, Vodacom, The Sanlam Handmade Fair on bespoke designs.

This dress is from her Spring/Summer 2021 Ready-To-Wear Collection. I love the sleeves and the dark florals. Another thing that I love about this whole look is that she paired the dress with white tights and a classic pair of flats. 




There is something so feminine and classic about this dress, it reminds me so much of what a '50s housewife or Elizabeth Taylor would wear in some of her classic movies.




Is it too late for me to ask for this as one of my birthday presents. I'm in love with the antique buttons and the deep V is still tasteful. 




This is the dress that I saw when I was reading the Instyle feature, I love the Peter Pan collar and the drop waist. 



Well, I'm glad that I get to spend my birthday with the people that I LOVE the most. I hope and pray that the year of 31 will bring me blessings, good health, wisdom, and more ideas to bring to you. I hope that all of you have enjoyed this blog about Sindiso Khumalo, I love you all so much, and until next time, Stay Beautiful. 

For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com

If You Want To Send Me Some  Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter, My  Address Is.


Breanne Peterson

1609 Summerhouse St

Elizabethtown NC 28337


My Instagram:










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat