Black Owned Handbag Company That You Need To Know About: Brandon Blackwood

 Hello and Happy Tuesday to all of you fashion lovers out there, I hope that you all have had an amazing day and were as safe as possible. 

Last year, there were a lot of Black-Owned Businesses and Fashion designers that were being pushed into the limelight (And rightfully so.) for all of us to completely admire and put into our closets, and as more and more Black Fashion designers are coming into the fashion world, there's one handbag designer that I've been obsessed with for the longest time and I wanted to introduce to you guys to him today. 

As I was researching some Black-Owned Handbag designers on Instagram, I follow this page called Black Owned Everything (@blackownedeverthing)  Brandon Blackwood popped up. So I decided to go on his website and I fell in love with ALL of his handbags. Brandon Blackwood was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. He is of Jamaican and Chinese descent, spending most of his childhood traveling to and from New York and Tokyo. After majoring in Neuroscientific Psychology at Bard University, Blackwood quickly realized that he would rather work in Fashion and started the necessary steps to launch his first handbag line. For two years he traveled all over the world to source the most ethical materials and fair-trade craftsmen before launching in 2015. His first collection consisted of 4 bags, each named after his closest friends and brother; The Morell, The Camille, The Sophia, and The Tristan. He still works with these craftsmen to this day. In the past 6 years, Blackwood has focused on creating bags, totes, and accessories that are trend-forward yet lasting. He produces pieces that he and his customer will love. Most recently, at the start of a year none of us were expecting, 2020, Brandon had the vision to create a bag with a statement he believes strongly, End Systemic Racism. Like all his pieces, this statement will forever be timeless. 


All of his bags are beautiful, but The Kendrick Truck just spoke to me. It reminded me of something that my grandmother would carry in the Fifties. Unfortunately, It's sold out on his website, and it retails for $120.00. 






Well, Fashion Lovers. I hope that you all have enjoyed this Fashion blog post for this Tuesday and make sure that you check out Brandon Blackwook for yourself. I love you all so much and until next time, Stay Beautiful. 


For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com

If You Want To Send Me Some  Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter, My  Address Is.


Breanne Peterson

1609 Summerhouse St

Elizabethtown NC 28337


My Instagram:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat