My Fall Closet Obsession: Velvet

 What's going on fashion lovers, I hope that you are having a great Tuesday staying safe and wearing a mask in the world that we live in now. 

I was watching a stylist on a Youtube video and she said that Velvet was going to be a trend for Fall/Winter 2020. Now I know for many of you, velvet is mostly worn doing the holidays but why not wear it in the Fall as well. What is Velvet you lovely people ask, well let me tell you?  Velvet is a type of woven tufted fabric in which the cut threads are evenly distributed, with a short dense pile, giving it a distinctive soft feel. By extension, the word velvety means "smooth like velvet." Velvet can be made from either synthetic or natural fibers.

Velvet is woven on a special loom that weaves two thicknesses of the material at the same time. The two pieces are then cut apart to create the pile effect, and the two lengths of fabric are wound on separate take-up rolls. This complicated process meant that velvet was expensive to make before industrial power looms became available, and well-made velvet remains a fairly costly fabric. Velvet is difficult to clean because of its pile, but modern dry cleaning methods make cleaning more feasible. The velvet pile is created by warp or vertical yarns and the velveteen pile is created by weft or fill yarns.

Velvet can be made from several different kinds of fibers, traditionally, the most expensive of which is silk. Much of the velvet sold today as "silk velvet" is actually a mix of rayon and silk. Velvet made entirely from silk is rare and usually has market prices of several hundred US dollars per yard. Cotton is also used to make velvet, though this often results in a less luxurious fabric. Velvet can also be made from fibers such as linen, mohair, and wool. More recently, synthetic velvets have been developed, mostly from polyester, nylon, viscose, acetate, and from either mixture of different synthetics or from combined synthetics and natural fibers. A small percentage of spandex is sometimes added to give the final material a certain amount of stretch.

Missguided had a dress that you can wear out for a night out with the girls or a date night with your sweetheart. The only thing that I don't like about this dress is the rhinestone belt, it looks very cheap. This dress also comes in a beautiful rust color as well, it on sale for $ 26.00 from $52.00. 




This color just screams Fall and a great night out, I saw this dress on the Hot Miami Styles website. I love that it's sexy without showing all of your bits off. This dress is currently on sale for $39.97. 



The Elie Saab Fall/Winter 2019-20 Ready-To-Wear Collection gives me the ultimate cool-girl vibes from the '70s.  





Velvet is such a luxe fabric that screams bohemian vibes and I hope that all of you will wear this trend in the Fall. I hope that all of you have enjoyed this blog post, I love you all so much, and until next time, Stay Beautiful.

  For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com

If You Want To Send Me Some  Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter.



Breanne Peterson

1609 Summerhouse St

Elizabethtown NC 28337



My Instagram:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat