Black Fashion Designer That You Need To Know About: Diotima

 Happy Tuesday my fellow fashion lovers, I hope that all of you are doing well and your weekend was relaxing and fun. 

I love to see someone uses their creativity in fashion and shares it with the world, I was reading a issue of Essence Magazine and I saw the designer Diotima and I love the intricate designs of her crochet dresses.  Founded in 2021, Diotima is designed and crafted between Jamaica and New York. Rooted in a reverence for savoir-faire, focus is placed on supporting and amplifying artisanal communities in Jamaica. All their crochet the foundation of the collection is made in Jamaica.

Tailoring is crafted with Heritage Tweeds from the UK, harkening back to the informal dialogue that was born out of the Jamaican diaspora during the Windrush era, as well as Tropical Wools and Basketweaves from storied Italian mills that reference the traditional crocus bag. In tension with the Tailoring and crochet is hand embellishment and threadwork, always with an emphasis on craft. She advocates for a more expansive definition of luxury, one that is not exclusively centred in Europe.

Rachael Scott uses Diotima to widen the definition of sustainability beyond materiality. Sustainability is an approach to making that is not exploitive. As communities in the global south are on the front line of the effects of climate change, efforts must be made to support these communities in a way that fosters their autonomy. At Diotima responsibly produced materials are used, producing only two collections a year, all made to order.

The Talisman Dress is simply a thing of beauty, this dress is made with Traditional Jamaican starched cotton crochet halter dress with elastic straps. This dress retails for $1,485.00




Well fashion friends, I hope that the rest of your week is filled with love and peace, and as always, I hope that all of you have enjoyed this blog post for this Tuesday, I love you all so much, and until next time, Stay Beautiful.

For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com


If You Want To Send Me Some Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter, My Address Is.

Breanne Peterson
1609 Summerhouse St
Elizabethtown NC 28337

My Instagram:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat