My Favorite AAPI Fashion Designer: Adeam

 Happy Wednesday fashion lovers, I hope that all of you are surviving this hump day with style and grace. I wanted to get this blog post on time, so I figured why not give you guys a bonus fashion post to help you get through this Wednesday. 

If you guys didn't know, May is Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month, and so many amazing designers are part of this community, including Adeam. I remember reading an older issue of Elle Magazine and I read an article about Hanako Maeda starting Adeam and how her brand is starting to become a mainstay at NYFW and on the red carpet. 

Hanako Maeda is the Founder and Creative Director of Adeam, a brand with an ‘East meets West’ aesthetic that fuses inspiration sourced from Hanako’s upbringing spent between Tokyo and New York City. Adeam is known for using traditional Japanese techniques on modern silhouettes. After studying Art History at Columbia University, Hanako moved back to Tokyo to work for her parents’ fashion house, Foxey, a luxury lifestyle brand founded in 1980 that has expanded to 18 standalone stores in Japan. In 2012, she went on to launch her own New York-based fashion line, Adeam, originating from her family name, Maeda. Her collection debuted at New York Fashion Week in Fall 2013, and the brand now has over 20 stockists worldwide and two stores in Tokyo, including the flagship store at Tokyo Midtown in Roppongi. In addition to expansion in distribution, Adeam has built a strong celebrity following regularly dressing names such as the former first lady Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Anne Hathaway, Brie Larson, Gemma Chan, and Queen Rania of Jordan.

Adeam continued to expand its fashion ethos by collaborating with internationally renowned tennis star, Naomi Osaka in Fall 2020. This collaboration fused traditional and modern aspects, resulting in an intellectual, feminine, and "kawaii” collection. The capsule collection was inspired by Hanako and Naomi’s Japanese heritage and their affinity for a powerful feminine aesthetic. In celebration of the brand’s 10th anniversary in 2022, Adeam joined forces with American supermodel Carolyn Murphy to create a sustainable capsule collection. This collection is inspired by Hanako and Carolyn’s shared appreciation of Japanese culture, mutual efforts to be sustainable and environmentally friendly, and Carolyn’s personal wardrobe from her iconic career. Today, Adeam continues to evolve and grow its name throughout the fashion industry to inspire and empower women through its collections.

The Camellia Matsuri Dress has to be in my closet, this dress also is a part of the Spring/Summer 2023 Ready-To-Wear Collection as well. I love the stunning red color and this dress would be a showstopper for all of your Summer events. This dress retails on the website for $1,450.





If Audrey Hepburn was still alive, I know she would wear this piece from the Fall/Winter 2020 Ready-To-Wear Collection. 



I'm not going to lie, I love this coat from the Fall/Winter 2022 Ready-To-Wear Collection. This coat is unique and will start a conversation without knowing it. 



This piece from the Spring/Summer 2023 Ready-To-Wear Collection is calling for a vacation to Italy or France. 



I absolutely LOVE trench coats, anyway if you create a new twist to it, you had me at hello. This trench coat is from the Resort 2023 Collection. 



I loved every single second of the Adeam Spring/Summer 2023 Ready-To-Wear Collection, the colors, and the light and airy fabric makes me want to have the best Summer that I can, just enjoying myself and enjoying life. 




Tennis Superstar Naomi Osaka collaborated with Adeam for a limited edition collection and I loved this dress, it's so romantic and I love the lace details along the dress. 



Well, fashion friends, I hope that you all have the chance to check out Adeam for yourself and support any fashion designers that are a part of the AAPI community, and as always, I hope that you have enjoyed this special fashion blog post for this Wednesday, I love you all so much, and until next time, Stay Beautiful. 

For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com

If You Want To Send Me Some Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter, My Address Is.

Breanne Peterson
1609 Summerhouse St
Elizabethtown NC 28337

My Instagram:





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat