Give Me Swimwear, But Make It Inclusive: AAPI Edition

 Happy Wednesday fashion friends, I hope that all of you are having the best hump day ever and I wanted to give you guys a noontime pick-me-up.

Being a plus-size woman, I've struggled with finding a bathing suit that not only looks good on my body type but didn't give off the look of me wearing my underwear at the beach. Today's blog is about two swimwear brands that are designed by AAPI women that not only give us great quality but does it sustainability 

The first brand that I want to talk about is Dipping Daisys, they are one of the fastest-growing sustainable swimwear brands on the market today. Their task started with four core values: female empowerment, size inclusivity, sustainability, and affordable luxury. Since they began in 2015, they have worked to remain authentic in their pursuit of building a swimwear brand that truly makes us feel like the best version of ourselves. At its core, they want every experience to encapsulate a true lust for life in a space that allows all individuals to express their inner divine feminine. They are committed to challenging themselves and evolving to make a positive difference in the swimwear space and beyond. 

As a female-founded company, they believe in empowering and creating opportunities for women. That stance is reflected in everything from their accessible price point to their extended-size label, Curve, to the women's health initiatives we support. At Dippin' Daisy's, they want every girl who slips into their suits to feel powerful, confident, and in love with life, and they actively invest that spirit into every aspect of what they do.

All of their excess and scrap fabric is donated in partnership with Terracycle to ensure that all materials are recycled and made new again. While they still have not found a perfect solution to plastic/eco-friendly packaging, they use materials that are low impact and easier on the environment. Their sustainability practices are rooted in commitment and love for the environment and protecting the planet.

I'm a one-piece bathing suit type of girl, and when I saw the Star One Piece, my heart skipped a beat. It has a high thigh-cut silhouette, adjustable straps, and a classic scoop neckline. This one-piece is available in four solid colors and three prints and comes in sizes XS-3XL and the price is $72.00.




The second and last brand that I want to tell you guys about is Ookioh, this brand is obsessed with Mother Nature, Their fabric is sourced from an Italian mill and made from 100% regenerated materials. The mill takes ocean wastes (such as sunken fishing nets) and pre-consumer waste products and turns them into dreamy, luxurious textiles. As they move towards becoming a fully sustainable brand, they're always working on ways to continuously reduce their carbon footprint. One of their goals is to completely eliminate plastics from their footprint over the next two years that’s right, no plastic in their packaging or systems. 

The Lisbon One Piece is calling my name, this bathing suit is a full-coverage one-piece with bold, angular lines. Featuring wide straps, a super low back, and a clean neckline. This suit comes in sizes from XS-4XL and the price is $125.00.




Well, fashion friends, I hope that all of you will have the best summer ever in your bathing suit from these brands or any brand that you love, and as always, I hope that you all have enjoyed this blog post, I love you guys so much, and until next time, Stay Beautiful. 

For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com

If You Want To Send Me Some Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter, My Address Is.

Breanne Peterson
1609 Summerhouse St
Elizabethtown NC 28337

My Instagram:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat