I Might Need A Bigger Closet: AAPI Edition

 Happy Tuesday fashion lovers, I hope that all of you are doing well and had a great long weekend with your family and friends. 

Fashion in my opinion is open to EVERYONE. May is Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month and I wanted to tell you guys about some great AAPI fashion brands that I think you will guys will love. So without further or do, let's get started.

The first brand that I want to talk about is Leze The Brand, the brand was founded in 2018 by two friends Tanya and Karen after feeling inspired by her shameless tendencies to wear Superman PJs in public. They thought to themselves, "What if we could create comfy work pants for people that were recycled and looked presentable?" After years of purchasing rigid and expensive workwear, the two best decided to turn waste into sustainable fashion as a vehicle to pursue comfort every day. Another thing that I love about this brand is its values, Exercise career diversity through flexible workwear for the modern working woman, Cultivate conscious retail practices to uphold our social responsibility, and Be transparent with our processes and advocate for causes that reflect our values.

I'm obsessed with the Jordyn Hoodie, it is made from recycled fishing nets that have moisture-wicking technology. This hood is available in two colors and comes in sizes XS-3XL and the price is $96.00.




Monse is another one of my favorite underrated fashion designers and I need to have some of their pieces in my wardrobe. MONSE is an NYC-based luxury label founded in 2015 by Laura Kim and Fernando Garcia, who also serve as Creative Directors at Oscar de la Renta. The MONSE collections are inspired by menswear and classic tailoring with a deconstructed perspective. Elements like twisted tailoring, cascade hems, and cut silhouettes are amongst the label's distinguished design details. MONSE is a line for modern women who seek to stand out from the crowd without compromising their effortless demeanor. As a child in Seoul, South Korea, Laura Kim learned the basics of sewing, patternmaking, and sketching as well as obtaining a critical eye for detail from her grandmother, a retired textile manufacturer. When she moved to New York to attend Pratt Institute, her talents were immediately recognized with scholarships from the Council of Fashion Designers (CFDA) and Fashion Group International. As a fashion student, she interned at TSE Cashmere, Donna Karan, and Oscar de la Renta. Mr. De la Renta was impressed with her work and offered her a permanent job. Kim worked with Oscar for twelve years as his design director, where she supervised all aspects of collection development and managed a studio responsible for fabric design, ready-to-wear, knitwear, and accessories. Fernando Garcia grew up traveling between the Dominican Republic and northern Spain. He was drawn to the creative field at a very early age, and his love of drawing on napkins led him to study architecture at the prestigious Notre Dame. Upon graduation, Garcia decided to take his love for art and architecture into fashion. When Garcia found the opportunity to meet Oscar de la Renta and show him some “doodles”, he was encouraged by Mr. De la Renta to come to NY for an internship, which quickly led to 6 years ultimately as a principal designer, honing his design and craftsmanship skills. During those years, Garcia played a large role in helping to create some of the most iconic evening wear pieces within the Oscar de la Renta collection.

The Monse Spring/Summer 2023 Ready-To-Wear Collection was absolutely stunning, I love how they mixed masculine and feminine elements in this collection. 







This Trench Coat from their Fall/Winter 2020 Ready-To-Wear Collection has to be in my closet, NOW.


Fashion lovers, it would not be a blog post from me if I didn't talk about handbags. And the brand that I'm obsessed with is Kara. Kara is an enthusiastic dedication to the intimate recognition that for many of us, identity is complex, conflicting, and fluid. NYC, 2013 by Sarah Law. Kara is a New York City-based accessories brand founded by Chinese American designer Sarah Law in 2013. Kara is an enthusiastic dedication to the intimate recognition that for many of us, identity is complex, conflicting, and fluid. Kara derives from the Japanese word ‘karaoke’, which means ‘empty orchestra’. Emptiness creates space for personal interpretation and self-expression. 

How adorable is the Black Bike Wallet, this bag is inspired by oversized bike locks worn by cyclists around New York City. You can wear it across your torso or slip the wallet into your pant pocket and clip the chain to a belt loop. This bag is priced at $325.00. 



A pop of color is ALWAYS a great idea, and when I saw the Limon Phone Cord Pouch I thought of the many adventures I could have with this bag. The smooth leather body can fit all our essentials with room for the extras, and the crystal Phone Cord handle adds just the right amount of glam. This bag is priced at $550.00. 




The Black Crystal Phone Cord Camera Bag is now on my wishlist, The Camera Bag in their new Phone Cord strap, is crafted from a blend of crystal and PU cording, knotted fully by hand. A compact, carry-everywhere bag you can wear across your torso or over your shoulder. The Camera Bag is $595.00. 




Fashion lovers, I hope that I inspired you all to try these AAPI brands for yourselves, and as always, I hope that all of you have enjoyed this blog post for this Tuesday, I love you all so much, and until time, Stay Beautiful. 

For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com

If You Want To Send Me Some Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter, My Address Is.

Breanne Peterson
1609 Summerhouse St
Elizabethtown NC 28337

My Instagram:

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat