On My Fashion Wishlist: Poppy And Peonies

 Well hello again to all of you this Tuesday, I'm so happy to be back here with all of you and I hope that all of you have enjoyed your weekend. 

I found out about Poppy And Peonies a few years ago and I fell in love with the bags and the founder's story is something that I can identify with a whole lot. Natalie Dusome grew up in small-town Ontario, she had one big dream, to become a fashion designer. She would drive her parents crazy making clothes out of vintage curtains and harassing the local shop owners to carry her wire handbags as a teenager. This passion led her to design school, and after graduating, she honed her skills in designing for global brands across Canada and the U.S.

With the birth of her daughter Poppy, her pre-baby accessories no longer fit with her new life as a mom, she needed lots of pockets and organization. When her search for functional fashion came up empty-handed, she had a feeling she wasn’t alone. So, armed with an idea, lots of determination, and a six-month-old baby on her hip, Poppy & Peonies was born.

The company has come a long way in the last five years, from filling orders in her basement to appearing on Dragon’s Den, and now, expanding into new product categories and collaborating with some exciting brands.

The sustainability practices are also top-notch as well, They believe in the Indigenous teaching of the Seventh Generation Principle to guide their sustainability practices. This philosophy tells them the decisions they make today impact seven generations ahead. They have a duty and responsibility to care for the environment and they are passionate about preserving the health and welfare of the planet, and the animals that live on it. All of their bags are made from high-quality vegan leather, and their entire product line is vegan, cruelty-free, and PETA-approved. They ship their products plastic-free and they use a combination of recycled, compostable, and biodegradable materials to mitigate shipping waste, and they are constantly looking for new ways to make their products and supply chain more sustainable to reduce our carbon footprint.

As a mom and Métis woman herself, empowering, uplifting, and giving back to women and children in need is incredibly important to them, especially those in Indigenous communities. They raised over $35K for the Indian Residential School Survivors Society and continue to support Indigenous and non-Indigenous women's shelters across Canada including Mamas for Mamas with donations, products, and calls-to-action.

The Voyager Bag is my new obsession, this bag lets you travel anywhere with ease. Bring it on board your next flight, or girl's getaway, or use it as a new-mom carryall. Store shoes, snacks, or bottles in the spacious bottom zip compartment, and keep your valuables safe and organized with the interior jewelry tab, keychain attachment, and secure zipper pocket. The roomy, wipeable interior and sleek yoga mat carrier make it a perfect gym bag. The convenient trolley slide makes it easy to attach to your luggage so you can navigate the airport with ease. This bag is priced at $114.00. 




Don't judge me, but I don't have a brown tote in my closet so when I saw the Go-Getter Tote, I knew that I needed it in my life. This bag was designed to carry all of life’s daily essentials with room to spare. Their spacious, all-in-one tote is sleek and sophisticated without compromising on function. Protect your laptop with a stylish, removable 13-inch padded laptop sleeve. Features an interior water bottle pocket, ample interior storage, and organization including designated pockets just for lipstick. The top zip closure will keep your belongings safe and secure and the convenient trolley sleeve makes it easy to attach to your luggage so you can navigate the airport with ease. This bag also comes in four different comes and it's priced at $96.00. 



Fashion lovers, I hope that all of you will have a great week, and as always, I hope that all of you have enjoyed this blog post, I love you all so much, and until next time, Stay Beautiful.

For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com


If You Want To Send Me Some Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter, My Address Is.

Breanne Peterson
1609 Summerhouse St
Elizabethtown NC 28337

My Instagram:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat