Fashion Designer That I'm Obsessed With: Sukeina

 Hello again to all of my favorite fashionable people, I hope that all of you have enjoyed this long weekend with all of your family and friends, and of course wearing a great outfit. 

I watched a Fashion show for Sukeina and I've been obsessed with his designs ever since. But more than that, I love the backstory of the designer and the fashion. Sukeina means ‘bright light’ and the clothes that they make evoke the myriad of emotions, experiences, challenges, and triumphs of the human condition. They are committed to innovation in our vision, craftsmanship in our execution, and sustainability in our consumption; taking time to pause and reflect rather than rush and produce. Apparel is their most potent non-verbal cue of who we are. A realm where age, race, gender, orientation, and size are congruent with silhouette, rhythm, fabrication, and the sentiments they elicit and possibilities they offer.

They're proud to transcend location: and instead, choose to observe an ever-evolving world with boundless curiosity and an open heart and translate this into timeless pieces.  Culturally, they are rooted in the cosmologies of Africa, the aesthetics of Europe, and the canvas of reinvention that is America. And, through the lens of experience rather than influence, they invite all to explore their realities using their clothes as a medium for that experimentation. Complexity and nuance anchor all of their collections and pieces. For them, individualism is a mélange of the conceptual, the intellectual, and the relational. Circumstances change and tastes evolve but they choose to make clothes that connect on an aesthetic and metaphysical level and provide an empowering means of self-navigation.

Omar Salam spent most of his childhood traveling and living throughout Europe. Initially believing that words were the best way to communicate with the world he started studying film but later realized that he could tell more intricate and vibrant stories through fashion. “Clothing is a language within itself,” he says.  Omar graduated from Parsons School of Design with a degree in Fashion. In 2001,  he started working for Sonia Rykiel in Paris and became Visual Director for the New York City office. He spent seven years with Madame Rykiel fostering a meaningful relationship with the designer. In 2010, he joined Christian Lacroix and spent two years with the house.  

The following three pictures are from his Spring/Summer 2021 Ready-To-Wear Collection, I'm in love with all of the pieces that I saw on the Vogue website, the attention to detail, the tailoring, the colors was just perfect. 





This is one of the pieces that I fell in love with from his Fall/Winter 2020 Ready-To-Wear Collection. I felt that feathers always made things a little more glamorous. 




Sukeina, keep bringing your bright light into the Fashion world because we need it. Thank You all so much for coming by and reading this blog post for this Tuesday. I love you all so much, and until next time, Stay Beautiful.


 For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com


If You Want To Send Me Some Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter, My  Address Is.


Breanne Peterson

1609 Summerhouse St

Elizabethtown NC 28337


My Instagram:













 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat