Black Woman Fashion Designer That You Need To Know: Autumn Adeigbo

 Hello my fashion darlings, I hope that all of you have had a great day filled with gratitude and fashion, of course. 

So one day, I was reading the May issue of Instyle Magazine and Autumn Adeigbo caught my attention with her beautiful designs and dresses. So I decided to do some research and I love her story on how she got into the fashion world. Autumn Adeigbo designs colorful, fashion-forward clothing for women who like to stand out in a crowd. As a proud, black female business owner, Autumn is devoted to positively impacting the lives of women across cultures by utilizing female-owned production facilities in the U.S. and providing global artisans with meaningful employment and fair wages. From sourcing to delivery, Autumn embraces sustainable practices by purchasing in limited quantity and producing only what is ordered, minimizing fabric waste, excessive manufacturing, and surplus stock. This means, her collections are eco-friendly and exclusive.

  After graduating with a degree in Economics from Spelman College and one in Fashion Design from the famed Parsons School of Design, Autumn worked her way up from intern to associate assisting top fashion stylists like Andrea Lieberman, Leslie Fremar, and Rebecca Weinberg. She launched her first collection of seven African-inspired dresses while working days as a fashion assistant at W Magazine and nights as a hostess at NYC hot spots where she made connections and pitched her designs to magazine editors as she sat them at their tables.

After being named "Fashion's Next” by Essence magazine, "One To Watch"; by Marie
Claire, and "All Eyes On", by Uptown magazine, Autumn's collection went on to be featured in publications like Vogue, EBONY, ESSENCE, Glamour, and Nylon, and on MTV, BET, VH1, and OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network).

I'm a huge fan of the Ashley Blouse, The Ashley blouse is equal parts fashion statement and elevated essential in black and white gingham sheer linen. Designed with a jewel neckline, our Ashley blouse flaunts voluminous balloon sleeves that flare to bell cuffs. This is layered under The Ashley dress, this blouse will add graphic impact to solids, and optic contrast to prints. This blouse retails for $415.00. 






The Poppy Dress is so reminiscent of the '60s (My Favorite Style Period For Fashion.) I love the colors they totally scream Spring, and the sleeves are on-trend cut with a jewel neckline, fitted bodice, and structured puff sleeves, this sheath flows to a dramatic length with an asymmetric flounce hem. This dress retails for $418.00.






I was on the Intermix website, and I saw the Midge dress and fell in love with it. It Subtly cut out along the sides, the Midge midi dress is finished with an airy flounce hem in their colorful floral stretch cotton. It also has puff sleeves with elasticized cuffs, Hip seam pockets, and back zip closure. The price for the Midge dress is $688.00. 







Autumn Adeigbo, if you ever make a plus-size line, CALL ME UP. I hope that all of my fashion lovers have enjoyed this blog post, I love you all so much, and until next time, Stay Beautiful. 


 For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com


If You Want To Send Me Some Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter, My  Address Is.


Breanne Peterson

1609 Summerhouse St

Elizabethtown NC 28337


My Instagram:




 



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat