Petit Kouraj, My New Obsession

Hello everyone, and Happy Tuesday to you all. I hope that all of you had a great day and were safe as much as possible. In the times that we all live in, we all need to treat each other with kindness and love, but I think I was born a hippie, and still believe that be kind will get you very farther than being mean to each other.

One day, I was reading the November issue of Instyle Magazine and I saw this handbag that intrigued my interest. So I went online to see more about this fashion brand and I'm in love with everything that I see and I want one in my closet for the Spring and Summer. 

Petit Kouraj means "Little Courage in Haitian, (Such a beautiful meaning if I do say so myself.) Petit Kouraj is the creation of fashion stylist, Nasrin Jean-Baptiste. Born in London to Haitian immigrants, Jean-Baptiste amassed over a decade’s worth of experience as an international fashion stylist before creating Petit Kouraj. An innate desire to create something meaningful lead Jean-Baptiste to develop a luxury bag line full of unique personality; both lively and chic qualities uncommon within conventional brands.

Following a trip to her native country of Haiti in 2018, she was immediately inspired to do something that frightened her – acting from her core, and with the help of a little courage, Petit Kouraj was born. Now based in Brooklyn but handmade in Haiti, Petit Kouraj makes fun, stand-alone pieces of wearable art that celebrate a love of knitwear, sculpture, and identity.

In an effort to cultivate mindful consumption and greater transparency in fashion production, Petit Kouraj endeavors to evolve and adopt thoughtful practices. The brand is passionate about using responsibly sourced materials and collaborating with workshops that support our values. Just as in life, they believe in the constant necessity to learn and evolve and as we grow, we will continue to improve our practices.

Their bags are lovingly handmade using organic cotton net bags, 100% leather handles, and rayon fringe. Each strand of fringe is individually sewn 656 times to create our large bags and 342 times for our mini. It’s a labor of love and takes 8-12 hours of manual labor to complete a single bag. 

The Ombre Mini Fringe Bag In Tan is the object of my affection, I love the leather handles, the color would go well with all of the things that I wear in the Spring and Summer. This bag retails for $345.00. 

 

  

The Designer Of Petit Kouraj, Nasrin Jean-Baptiste. 




Well, that's another fashion blog in the books for this Tuesday. I want to thank each and every one of you for stopping by and reading my blog posts. I love and appreciate all of you and until next time, Stay Beautiful. 

                For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com

If You Want To Send Me Some  Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter, My  Address Is.


Breanne Peterson

1609 Summerhouse St

Elizabethtown NC 28337


My Instagram:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat