My Favorite Underrated Fashion Designers: Jonathan Simkhai

 Hello everyone, I missed you all so much and I hope that you all had an amazing Thanksgiving with your family and friends. During my week off, I found myself inspired by fashion by watching old episodes of Videofashion on the Tubi app on my phone and I found more appreciation for one of my favorite and underrated fashion designers, Jonathan Simkhai. 

Established in 2010, the Jonathan Simkhai brand provides luxury ready-to-wear for the modern woman. The core aesthetic philosophy plays with the tension of feminine strength and sensuality; this is reflected in the employment of customized fabrics, romantic detailing, linear lines, and contoured silhouettes. Through designs that seek to embolden women with confidence and ease, the brand represents modern versatility. As a 2015 winner of the prestigious CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund, Jonathan Simkhai continues to redefine the 21st-century wardrobe and reinvigorate American fashion.

Founded in New York, Jonathan Simkhai launched his eponymous label after years of experience as a buyer and merchandiser. He honed his technical skills at Parsons School of Design and the Fashion Institute of Technology. The early success of the label propelled Simkhai into the CFDA Fashion Incubator program where he developed his eye for quality of craft. Simkhai is continuously inspired by the built environment, which motivates his creative process and desire to push conventional design boundaries. His work often explores the confluence of technology and hand-made artistry.

In 2018, Jonathan Simkhai relocated his headquarters to Los Angeles, operating a multi-level atelier and showroom. The headquarters also houses its first retail shopping destination, offering ready-to-wear, exclusive collaborations, and custom designs. 

How gorgeous is this dress from his Spring/Summer 2020 Ready To Wear Collection, I am in love with the pale yellow color and the lace underlay. I love that they kept everything clean and simple on the runway as well. 


Jonathan Simkhai's Fall/Winter 2019 Ready To Wear Collection was a beautiful sight, including this dress. 


I'm in love with his Fall/Winter 2018 Ready To Wear Collection and this dress has some folk feel to it (Kate Hudson would look amazing in this dress.) and I'm totally here for the folky vibes. 


I NEED this look from his Fall/Winter 2020 Ready To Wear Collection. 


I'm really feeling my feminine side lately and the Jonathan Simkhai Spring/Summer 2017 Ready To Wear Collection just fits all of my feminine vibes.  






I found my dress for my next Summer vacay (if we are allowed to go anywhere next summer.) from his Spring/Summer 2019 Ready To Wear Collection.  




Jonathan Simkhai, you have a fan for life and I can't wait to see what you have next in store for us as fashion lovers. I hope that all of you have enjoyed this blog post for this Tuesday, I love you all so much, and until next time, Stay Beautiful. 



                For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com

If You Want To Send Me Some  Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter, My  Address Is.


Breanne Peterson

1609 Summerhouse St

Elizabethtown NC 28337


My Instagram:


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat