New Fashion Designer That You Need To Know About: Duran Lantink

 Good morning, my loves. I'm so glad to be back here with y'all after my birthday break, I feel refreshed and ready to talk about my favorite thing in the world, Fashion. 

I discovered the designer Duran Lantink while I was reading a fashion magazine, his designs play with shape-shifting which is on trend at the moment. Duran Lantink is a fashion label based in Amsterdam and Paris known for its ever-evolving, conscious collections. Garments can transform with the zeitgeist in a process that fuses pre-loved pieces, deadstock, and new sustainable materials. Upon acquiring, the wearer can gain entry into a series of edits to maintain its relevance. This continuous dialogue between the designer and owner makes each creation timeless and unique. 

Technology plays a pivotal role in how the brand reflects on today's environmental and social issues. Its ssaw2021 digital fashion show was filmed and attended solely by drones; garnering critical praise for its striking commentary on access and excess in the fashion industry. Most recently, the brand made its Paris Fashion Week debut with the presentation of the ssaw2023 collection, featuring 39 looks brought to life through merging bespoke three-dimensional sculpting techniques with traditional handiwork. 

Lauded by press such as UK Vogue, US Vogue, Dazed, i-D, Paper Magazine, and others, Duran Lantink has also caught the eye of cultural icons, having designed custom pieces for the likes of Beyonce, Billie Eilish, City Girls, Doja Cat, Lizzo, Grimes, Janelle Monae, and Solange. Exclusive looks and collections have been sold in prominent retailers such as H. Lorenzo Los Angeles, JOYCE Hong Kong, Concrete Amsterdam, and Browns London. In 2019, Duran Lantink was shortlisted for the LVMH prize. World-renowned institutions such as the MET Costume Institute and the Stedelijk Museum have acquired work for their permanent collections. 

Out of all of his collections, his Spring/Summer 2024 Ready-To-Wear Collection is my favorite. This collection is a foray into tailoring and is conceived from original garment construction as opposed to hybrid design. While a few repurposed garments remain in the collection,  most looks are created from recycled or upcycled fabrics such as nylon, lycra, and vintage denim and lace.





Fashion friends, I am so grateful to be here with you all to talk about our favorite thing, I hope that all of you have enjoyed this blog post, I love you all so much, and until next time, Stay Beautiful. 


For Business Opportunities Or PR, My Email Is: Lifeofafashionblogger@yahoo.com


If You Want To Send Me Some Stuff  To Review For My Blog Or Just Write Me A Letter, My Address Is.

Breanne Peterson
1609 Summerhouse St
Elizabethtown NC 28337

My Instagram:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Just Wearing My Colorful Coat In The Winter, Is That A Crime.

I Wear Many Jackets

How To Look Chic In The Heat